Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie and Julia

I caught the first showing of Julie and Julia on Friday. It is funny how a movie can catapult me in a whole new direction. Sometimes I am simply headed back in a direction I was traveling before. The movie was great. After watching it, my hubby and I headed to the library to check out the recipe book that the movie was about.

We got home and began turning the pages of the recipe book talking food, recipes and how much life has changed. Julia Child is delightful and complicated! This brings me back to a desire to cook more. I took a trip to Italy a few years ago and came back armed with recipes and a desire to have a Sunday Dinner. Remember those? The days when the family sat around the table and ate ourselves silly....Mmmm some of my most cherished memories.

I am not so sure how I will fare because I am beginning a brand new teaching career, but I would like to try to set Sundays aside for cooking, baking and family. I guess I want to get back to my roots. (Ahhh...."roots" that reminds me of my hair!)

I keep looking at the Daring Kitchen, thinking I am going to jump right in there. For now I am going to just stay a month behind everyone else and try the recipes as I can. I know, I know...you are saying "just commit and do the thing". Maybe next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment